Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Saturday, June 1, 2024

Sacramento, California- My Former Home

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY AT THD!!!!๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ด๐Ÿ‘ด  

Today, June 1, is exactly one year of my downsizing move from Fair Oaks, CA ( Eastern suburb of Sacramento) to THD๐Ÿ’š, Walnut Creek. CA. You would think that after one year, the trauma/pains of my downsizing has been completely erased on my memory. On the contrary, once in a while, I missed my vegetable and flower gardens, huge space ( 2200 sq ft)  and neighbors in Fair Oaks. 


So today, I promised this will by last article about my former home and residence, so forgive me for reminiscing my former residence in Fair Oaks in this blog as follows:  

The David B Katague Clan resided in Fair Oaks, a suburb East of Sacramento from 2002 t0 2023. After my retirement from FDA ( Washington DC), I decided to retire in the Sacramento area to be near my youngest daughter, Ditas  and her daughter, Carenna. 

Ditas was at that time working for The Governor's Office in the Capitol in Sacramento (see photo above).  Currently, Ditas is Associate Director for Communication, Bureau of Census, Department of Commerce.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/bios/ditas-katague.html

Much of California’s history can be told through the story of its capital city.

One of the oldest incorporated communities in the state, Sacramento has been the backdrop to many major historical moments, from the discovery of gold on Jan. 24, 1848, to the construction of the first transcontinental railroad.

Old Ironsides, a watering hole and performance venue in Southside Park, is the oldest bar in the city, and was apparently the first Sacramento establishment to receive a liquor license after Prohibition ended, according to the paper’s research. Also on the list of venerable businesses was The Sacramento Bee itself, originally named The Daily Bee, which celebrated the 167th anniversary of its first printed edition this month.

For more Sacramento history read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramento,_California

Meanwhile, Here are some photos of my former residence in Fair Oaks, CA( eastern suburb of Sacramento) where my family and I resided for over 21 years prior to my move here at THD. These are actual photos ( not digitally altered) after I clean it up for the Open House. It sold in 30 days. It was not an easy decision to down-size, but life must go on. I missed my gardens and space, but it has done its purpose, so Be IT!
 







8167 Treecrest Ave, Fair Oaks, California


Here's My Quotes of the Day: 


Home is Not a Place, But in the Heart!

๐Ÿ’šLastly, I have been calling The Heritage Downtown (THD) in Walnut Creek, my home since last June 1, 2023. So far, I am very happy here!

1.Latest  News The Oakland A's moving to Sacramento

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/as-officially-leaving-oakland-after-2024-will-play-in-sacramento-through-2027-until-vegas-stadium-is-ready/

2. Sacramento is one of the Top 50 U.S. cities on Money’s list of the best places to live in 2024, The Sacramento Bee reports. The list cited the city’s “vibrant cultural scene” and specifically mentioned Crocker Art Museum, B Street Theater and the Farm-to-Fork Festival.


No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...