Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Cravings for Coconut Crabs- Taste of Japan Dinner Last Night


💥💥

Coconut crab or lobster cooked in coconut milk is one of the most delicious dish that I have tasted in Marinduque. This was served with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. 💥 This photo was taken at Chateau Du Mer in Boac in  2017-my second home in the Philippines .

The last few months I have posting on my cravings for soft shell crabs, Pinoy Food and Dim Sum dishes. This blog is my cravings for coconut crabs/lobster that is native to the Philippines. 

Unluckily, there are no restaurants or Sea Food Stores that sells this delicacy here in the East Bay. I may not be able to taste it before I conked out on Planet Earth. Any way the photo above that I saw in my Face Book this morning reminded of an article on the subject that I am citing below.  

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2014/02/coconut-and-spiny-lobsters-of-marinduque.html

The coconut crab is eaten as a delicacy – and regarded as an aphrodisiac – on various islands, and intensive hunting has threatened the species' survival in some areas. While the coconut crab itself is not innately poisonous, it may become so depending on its diet, and cases of coconut crab poisoning have occurred.

💥Speaking of Salad: One of my favorite salad here at THD served last Thanksgiving was the Persimmon/Pomegranate Salad with Butter Lettuce, Aragula, Feta Cheese, & Candied Pecans served with orange vinaigrette Dressing (see photo).


The other salad I like here at Newton's is the Jicama/Mango Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Red Onions, Bell Pepper, Cucumber with Cilantro Lime Dressing. 

💙Last night we had the Special Japanese Menu Here at Newtons. The Taste of Japan Dinner menu consisted of miso soup, edamame salad, salmon teriyaki with white rice and green tea ice cream.

Miso soup (味噌汁misoshiru) is a traditional Japanese soup consisting of a dashi stock into which softened miso paste is mixed. In addition, there are many optional ingredients (various vegetables, tofuabura-age, etc.) that may be added depending on regional and seasonal recipes, and personal preference. In Japanese food culture, miso soup is a representative of soup dishes served with rice. Miso soup is also called omiotsuke (御味御付). Along with suimono (clear soup seasoned with a small amount of soy sauce and salt in a dashi stock), miso soup is considered to be one of the two basic soup types of Japanese cuisine.-From Wikipedia.

Edamane Beans Edamame beans are whole, immature soybeans, sometimes referred to as vegetable-type soybeans. They are green and differ in color from regular soybeans, which are typically light brown, tan, or beige. Here's a salmon teriyaki recipe just for your information or in case you are brave enough to cook it for yourself.

https://natashaskitchen.com/teriyaki-salmon-recipe/#:~:text=Teriyaki%20Salmon%20Recipe

I hope you enjoyed the Taste of Japan Dinner last night! Comments will be appreciated! Watch out for the photos I took during the Taste of Japan Dinner, Wednesday, Jan 10, 2024 in my next blog that I am also posting today. 

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...