Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A Very, Very Proud Lolo, Indeed! Marina Katague

I have six grand children and very proud of all of them. All are college graduates and the youngest, Carenna is on her way to finish her Master's Degree in International Affairs at George Washington University in Washington DC. 

This posting is about Marina my next youngest grand daughter.  Marina is the youngest daughter of Dodie. Marina is on her 3rd year of her PhD studies at San Diego State University/University of California, San Diego (SDSU/UCSD).  Here's a recent posting from her FaceBook Page.

In lieu of sending out Christmas letters I’ll be making a Facebook post this year to update everyone about my highlights of 2023!
I am moving into my third year of my PhD at SDSU/UCSD. I will advance to candidacy early next year, and once I have an estimate of when I’ll be able to graduate, I’ll tell you all. In the meantime, I have a Google Scholar page where you can read my published works: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=oBuYQOEAAAAJ...
For my research, I got to spend a month in Brazil with my supervisor. I visited Rio, Florianopolis, and Porto Alegre. The food is amazing (ate sushi and churrasco) and the people there are such passionate stewards for the culture. My dissertation will likely be about how syndemic violence and HIV impact abortion and maternal mortality in Southern Brazil. 
While I was in Brazil, I got offered my first position as an instructor of record. I created and taught my first ever university course at Cal State San Marcos. I now teach Introduction to Epidemiology, which is required for Kinesiology majors and Public Health minors. Teaching has been my favorite way to expand my radius of care, so I’m excited to continue on again next year.
Switching from the professional to the personal, my family’s highlight of the year has to be my sister’s wedding. It was truly a perfect day, to come together and celebrate Alix and Brendan. As maid of honor, I got to give a toast and only cried a little bit (a lie). 
The light of my year has been my partner Wyatt. Despite being long distance (I am in San Diego and he is in Oakland) we have managed to see each other every month, and spent both of our birthdays together. This year we’ve enjoyed disc golf and he’s read a couple of my favorite books! 
Speaking of books, my favorites of the year were All This Could Be Different by Sarah Thankam Matthews, Wellness by Nathan Hill, and The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins. I did meet and am exceeding my goal of reading 52 books this year.
Finally, the cats are happy campers. They provide endless entertainment around my apartment and I could not possibly love them more.
See you next year!
Marina Katague
SCHOLAR.GOOGLE.COM
Marina Katague
PhD Student - UC San Diego, Division of Infectious Diseases & Global Public Health - Cited by 15 - sociopolitical epidemiology - violence prevention

Indeed, I am very proud of your accomplishments. Looking forward to attend your Ph.D graduation.   

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...