Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Have You Heard of Manila, California, USA?



The suburb of Manila, Philippines ( UP, Diliman, Q.C.) is the place where I spent my college years and my first teaching job after my Bachelor's degree graduation. So, I was interested in finding out if there are other places in the world call Manila. I hope the following other places will not be known also as the GATES OF HELL!( according to Dan's Brown novel-Inferno). Manila is currently in the Internet with this video from the Blakes- a singing trio from London, UK.

British Trio singing Manila in London

I was surprised that there are actually 11 cities/towns that are named Manila in the US, two of them in Alabama. There is one city in Paraguay, South America also named Manila. Here is the lists for your information. For details and map of the various US cities look in Goggles. Is there a city or town named Manila in Europe or Canada?

1. Manila, Alabama ( Clarke County)

2. Manila, Alabama (Dallas County)

3. Manila, Arizona

4. Manila, Arkansas

5. Manila, California -Manila is an unincorporated community in Humboldt County, California. It is located 3.25 miles (5.2 km) north of downtown Eureka, at an elevation of 13 feet (4 m). The ZIP Code is 95521. The town was founded at the end of World War II, and named after Manila in the Philippines. I have been to Eureka on a business trip, but not in Manila, California.

6. Manila, Colorado

7. Manila, Kentucky

8. Manila, Missouri

9. Manila, Tennessee

10. Manila, Utah

11. Manila, West Virginia

12. Manila, Paraguay, South America

13. Manila, Philipines

Personal Note: Like New York City, Manila is a nice place to visit ( not during the rainy season), But I will not live there even if you gave me a million dollars!

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...