Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Friday, September 23, 2022

Oxtails from Safeway for My Kare-Kare

Beef Oxtail (each)

$33.45- Beef Oxtails (eight) at ($17.60/lb)
 
Last week I purchased 8 Oxtails from Safeway. It is not cheap, But I had a longing for kare-kare and I could only order from Doordash this dish on Fridays and Saturday for $27.99 for 2 oxtails. Cooking it myself will give me several pieces of oxtails for a few more dollars.

Here's my favorite recipe for oxtail Kare-Kare. The tripe is optional. I also used pork hock and pigs feet for this recipe. Here's the recipe for your reading pleasure.

The vegetables are cooked separately in the above recipe for better plating and perfect cooking.
 

There are other recipes that I follow at times as follows:



Meanwhile enjoy this photo of my recent and may be the last of my purple okra harvest of the season.


Not as popular as the common green okra-but more nutritious and also grown as an ornamental plant in the garden!  

 

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...