Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Saturday, September 3, 2022

My Favorite Side Dishes, Enhancers and Wine for Dinner

From Left to Right: Chili/vinegar sauces, Ginisang Bagoong, Greek Peperoncini and Picante Sauce. The only brand I will used for the shrimp paste ( bagoong) is Barrio Fiesta. The Picante sauce I like is Medium spicy-not mild or Hot and the Peperoncini is a substitute for the Papaya Atchara(pickled green juliene papaya) that I do not have. The chili/vinegar sauce, I used for my Pasta and Empanada Dishes.  
 
The two bottles are Muscat Blanc and Gerwurztraminer Grape Juice from Navarro Vineyards. These two wines are excellent pairings for Fish or Seafood Dishes. 

If you are following my food blogs, you already know I am not a Meat and Potato person. I have an adventurous palate and will try any edible food commercially available. However, there is one Filipino food item ( sauce) that I dislike- Patis or Fish Sauce. In place of Patis, I used soy sauce, rice vinegar, shrimp paste or oyster sauce. The other side dishes and sauces that I enjoyed are shown in the above photo. 

 

This is my favorite side Dish-It is an excellent substitute for Papaya Atchara

Atchara is a pickle made from grated unripe papaya originating from the Philippines. This dish is often served as a side dish for fried or grilled foods such as pork barbecue.

How about you? What side dishes and sauces do you use? I know a few relatives who do not used side dishes and sauces for their dishes. But to me the side dishes enhanced the flavor and enjoyment of the main dishes.  Allow me to end this blog with following quotes:


Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” “We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.” “You don't need a silver fork to eat good food.” “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives.”

Meanwhile, here's my latest purchase from Shef.com- A Side Dish That I really enjoy- mango salad.


Main ingredients: Chili, mangoes, carrots, red onions, red bell peppers, crispy onions, crispy prawns, cucumber, jicama, mirin, olive oil. 

 

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...