Photo source from searchquotes.com
There are several hundreds of quotations on poetry in the Web. However, the following are my favorites
1.The smell of ink is intoxicating to me — others may have wine, but I have poetry. ~Terri Guillemets
2. Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted. ~Percy Shelley, A Defence of Poetry, 1821
3. He who draws noble delights from sentiments of poetry is a true poet, though he has never written a line in all his life. ~George Sand, 1851
4. Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement. ~Christopher Fry
5. Perhaps no person can be a poet, or can even enjoy poetry, without a certain unsoundness of mind. ~Thomas Babington Macaulay
6. To have great poets there must be great audiences too. ~Walt Whitman
7. You can't write poetry on the computer. ~Quentin Tarantino
8. God is the perfect poet. ~Robert Browning
9.Science is for those who learn; poetry, for those who know. ~Joseph Roux, Meditations of a Parish Priest
10.Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words. ~Robert Frost
11.Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood. ~T.S. Eliot, Dante, 1920
12. A poet looks at the world the way a man looks at a woman. ~Wallace Stevens, Opus Posthumous, 1957
13.Poetry is ordinary language raised to the nth power. Poetry is boned with ideas, nerved and blooded with emotions, all held together by the delicate, tough skin of words. ~Paul Engle, New York Times, 17 February 1957
Personal Note: I heard the following phrases in TV today. Photographic memory versus phonographic memory versus pornographic memory. Which one is your favorite phrase and can identify with?
Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?
There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Please do not forget to read the latest National and International news in the right side bar of this blog!