Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Rich Man Dying Wish

Crucifixion Scene-Moriones Festival, 2012 at the Boac River Park, Marinduque, Philippines

I am tired of reading news about the congressional moro-moro and drama in the fight for Pork in my second home in the Island of Marinduque. Here's a joke for your reading pleasure.

"The rich landowner and businessman from Marinduque ( Mr Mayaman) lay dying in the hospital. For years he had led a good life and shared some of his wealth to the poor and indigents of the province. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Mr, Mayaman?" said the nurse.

"I would really like to see our current representative in Congress and our current Governor before I die," whispered the rich landowner.

"I'll see what I can do, Sir," replied the nurse. The nurse sent the request to the Office of the Governor and Office of the Representative and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived that the Governor and the Representative to Congress, both devoted Christians and Roman Catholics were delighted to visit the dying Mr. Mayaman.

As they went to the hospital, the Governor commented to the Representative, "I don't know why the richest man in the province wants to see us but it will certainly help our images and might even get us some favorable publicity and more votes in the next election."

When they arrived at Mr. Mayaman's room, the dying man took the Governor's hand in his right hand and the Representative's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the dying man's face.

Finally the Governor spoke. " Mr Mayaman of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The rich man slowly replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, since I am a good practicing Catholic."

"Amen," said the Governor.

"Amen," said the Congress Representative.

Mr Mayaman continued, "Jesus died between two thieves. I would like to do the same!"


Personal Note: Do you think this joke applies to most Filipino politicians? Do you know what some of our politicians have been doing with their pork barrel funds for the last decades? If you have not heard of the latest pork barrel scam and you are a Filipino or a Filipino-American you must be living in another planet.( Bato-bato sa langit, kung sino ang matama-an, huag magalit)

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...