MI, Inc Medical Mission in Marinduque. 2011
I have just finished reading several articles on things to do before you die. The articles ranged from just 10 to 1000 fabulous and incredible things that an average person will probably had a hard time doing, because it requires money and a lot of time. There is another article that listed 75 things, a bit more practical. But what inspired me is an article that listed 101 things and most of them I have already done(www.squidoo.com) Thus, I have created my own list(30). It is not a wish list since I have already done all of the things in the list. Does this mean, I am ready to die? I hope the following list will inspire you to write your own list. There is no order of priority in the list, but my favorites are numbers 1 and 3. Number 31 is on my wish list. However, at this stage of my life, I do not believe I will be able to do this. I will just be contented watching the video.
1. Write your autobiography and memoirs.
2. Join a medical mission to a third world country(Philippines recommended)
3. Create a web site or start a blog
4. Try eating three exotic fruits ( durian, tamarind, passion fruit and others)
5. Eat raw oysters, escargot, seafood paella or or any dish that you have not eaten before (maybe a balut or dinugu-an)
6. Go to the Casino without Gambling. Just eat a buffet lunch or dinner
7. Attend a Broadway Show in New York City or in San Francisco
8. Go to a jazz club at the French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
9. Visit the Rock of Gibraltar and Tangiers, Morocco
10. Visit at least one Mayan Ruins in Mexico( Chichen Itza and/or Tulum Ruins)
11. Attend a Tennis Academy for one week at Rancho Bernardo, California
12. Visit at least five National Parks/Monuments in US
13. Try something you have not done before, perhaps sky diving, deep sea fishing or a helicopter ride
14. Visit St Peter's Square, the Vatican and have an audience with the Pope
15. Visit the White House and the National Monuments, Washington, D.C.
16. Visit Gettyburgh, Pennsylvania, Civil War National Cemetery
17. Learn how to snorkel or Scuba Dive
18. Learn a new dance, perhaps a Cha Cha, a Tango, a Rhumba or a Quick Step
19. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
20. Go on a canopy tour( tranverse between trees on a zip line)
21. Ride a mechanical bull in Sugar Land, Texas
22. Attend a Cock Fight or a Bull Fight
23. Visit Disneyland and Ride a Roller Coaster
24. Swim with the Dolphins or with the manatees
25. Visit a Botanical Garden( Longwood Gardens in PA or Buchart Gardens in Victoria Island recommended)
26. Ride a camel, an elephant or a water bufallo
27. Milk a cow or a Goat or a water bufallo
28. Go Bird Watching
29. Watch sea turtle eggs hatching and running toward the sea
30. Visit Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona or any of one of the several national parks in US
Here's my # 31 in the list-Railroad tour in the Oriental Express from Singapore to Bangkok. I do not think I will be able to do this. I will just be contented watching the following video.
Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?
There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Please do not forget to read the latest National and International news in the right side bar of this blog!