Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Friday, February 23, 2024

Is Avocado A Fruit or A Vegetable?

Some of My Avocado Harvests from My Fruit Orchard Chateau Du Mer, Philippines 

When I was growing up in the Philippines my favorite ice cream is Avocado Ice cream.  I also enjoyed smashed avocado in condensed milk. So in the Philippines it is considered a Fruit.

However, when I moved to the US in 1960, I have Avocado in My Fish Taco and my Green Salad, so it is a Vegetable here in the US.     

So the Answer the Question is Avocado a Fruit or Vegetable, Read the following.

https://www.rd.com/article/is-avocado-a-fruit-or-vegetable/

You may be surprise of the answer. It is Both! 

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of avocados and other popular Fruits in the Philippines. 

 https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2021/11/some-of-most-popular-fruits-of.html

I have also an avocado plant in a pot now inside my apartment here at THD, but it will moved outside to my patio next Spring.


Here are other photos of avocados in my photo collection



Sprouting Avocado from Commercial Seed- Indoor in Fair Oaks, in my Kitchen Window

 
My Potted Avocado Plant in my bedroom here at THD

My Potted Avocado Plant In My Patio Here at THD 

Meanwhile enjoy Chinese New Year Here at THD

The Chinese Lunar Year Parade in SFO China Town will be tomorrow. Have you personally attended  an event similar to this Celebration?    

Final Note: A Resident told me "I like Avocado and I really don't care whether it is a fruit or vegetable". Can you write on a more serious subjects similar to your previous blogs about THD( suggestions for improvement) or is Biden too old to be President or Skin Hunger and other senior citizens issues.  I do enjoy reading your blogs, though and I am a loyal reader." 

My Response: I write on any subject that comes to my mind except on sex and religion and rarely on politics. 

Another Resident Reader: I do not like Avocado, It has no taste. 

I responded, Have you tasted Avocado ice cream or milk shake?   

Lastly, Here's my Quote of the Day: "The mind is its own place, and in itself.  Can make a heaven of hell,  and a hell of heaven"- John Milton, 1606-1674,  English Poet


No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...