Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Betting and Gambling on Super Bowl LVI

I will not be watching the Super Bowl alone this afternoon. How about you? A you a Football Fan?  Are you betting on line? I am not surprised if you are.

Betting on line is legal in 30 states, but not yet in California. Anyway, I am still watching the game in spite of the fact that two of my favorite teams ( SFO and KC) lost their divisional championship play offs to the Rams( LA) and Bengals ( Cincinnati) respectively. We have resided in KC for 5 years and more than 3 decades in Northern California, if you are curious for the reasons why I love the Chiefs and the 49 Niners.  

This year super bowl is historic in many ways. 

 Super Bowl LVI between the Cincinnati Bengals (+4)

is set to make history, as it will be the lowest-seeded Super Bowl matchup in the game’s 56-year history.

Both the Bengals and Rams entered the postseason as their conference’s No. 4 seed. Cincinnati finished the regular season 10-7 and as NFC North Champions, while LA finished 12-5 as NFC West champions.

Super Bowl LVI will be the first Super Bowl ever without at least one No. 1, No. 2 or No. 3 seed. Per Yahoo Sports, it surpasses 2011’s Super Bowl XLV between the Green Bay Packers, who were the No. 6 seed in the NFC and Pittsburgh Steelers, who were the No. 2 seed in the AFC as the highest-seeded Super Bowl in history.

 https://www.legalsportsreport.com/sports-betting/super-bowl/ 

 Here's the history of the Super Bowl (Wikipedia):

 The Super Bowl's origins lie in the creation of the American Football League (AFL) in 1960. Started by a group of businessmen who wanted their own pro football franchises but were frustrated by the NFL's unwillingness to expand, the AFL forged ahead as an alternative league playing a more wide-open brand of football.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl 

Speaking of Football, here's an excerpt from my article on my Hate and Love of Football.

" Having been born and raised in the Philippines until I was 23 years old, the game called American Football was not in my vocabulary when I was a teenager. It was only in 1960 when I attended graduate school at the University of Illinois that I learned what the game is all about. To me it is a very complicated game, compared to basketball or baseball the sports that I am familiar with. However, it was not after I finished my graduate studies, that I learned to enjoy this game. At first it was the college football, followed by the professional football( NFL) and later on the high school football games that I followed. I started following high school games when my youngest son started to play in the Pee Wee league (Grades 7 to 8) and then later on the Junior Varsity team( Grades 9 to 10).

After the kids went to college, my wife and I lost interest in both the high school and college games. The only exception was the annual rivalry between the UC Berkeley Team( The Bears) versus Standford, known as the Big Game. This was because our youngest daughter was a cheer leader for UC Berkeley. It was only in the 1980 to 1990 when we move to the San Francisco Bay Area that my wife and I became avid fans of the SF 49's team. The names Joe Montana and Steve Young are names of SF quarterbacks that will always linger in our memories.

Joe Montana was the SF quarterback that made me love the game of American Football. Montana started his NFL career in 1979 with San Francisco, where he played for the next 14 seasons. Traded before the 1993 season, he spent his final two years in the league with Kansas City. While a member of the 49ers, Montana started in four Super Bowl games and won all of them. Montana was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000, his first year of eligibility".

For the whole article read:

https://planningtovisitthephilippines.blogspot.com/2019/02/our-love-and-hate-of-american-football.html

 

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...