Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Mahjong is Good for Your Mental Health


Macrine and I playing Party Bridge at the SOS Club, Modesto, Ca, 1972

I just recently read that playing mahjong reduced the rate of depression in older adults/senior citizens in urban China(1).  Mahjong, the tiled-based game is very popular among Chinese as well as others of different nationalities for example,  the Filipinos. It might be a possible way to boost mental health, according to a study from the University of Georgia. 

The study concluded that playing Mahjong is a type of social participation linked to reduce rates of depression among the Chinese. It can also lead to gambling.

The above article reminded me of the several articles that I have written about mahjong in the past in my blogs ( 2, 3).

Mahjong is my favorite tile game, but bridge is my favorite card game. I learned how to play mahjong when I was only 7 years old in the Philippines. It is the best way to pass the hot summer afternoons in tropical/humid climate of the Philippines.
Playing Mahjong with Ditas and Carenna with Macrine watching.  Usually 4 players are needed but 3 could play the Game
        https://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/bridge-is-my-card-game

(1) https://www.neatorama.com/2019/09/21/Mahjong-Might-Be-The-Answer-For-One-s-Depression-Study-Shows/

(2)  https://davidbkatague.blogspot.com/search?q=mahjong

(3) https://whyretireinthephilippines.blogspot.com/2013/05/mahjong-is-my-tile-game-what-is-yours.html

Mahjong is an easy game to learn in case you do not know how to play. Try it and enjoy. I hope you do not get addicted or turn it into a gambling game. 
The Mahjong set is available in various prices depending quality of the tiles

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...