Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Healing Power of Music for Our Mental Health


The power of music for our mental health and for uplifting our spirits( souls) are well documented(A). For example when my wife (Macrine) and I feel depressed or lonely we play our favorite songs. In the case of my wife, she would play her favorite Julio Iglesias Sr songs.

(https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin-notas/5719517/julio-iglesias-turns-70-celebrate-with-some-of-his-best-loved)

In my case I listened to my favorite piano or violin concertos(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYtJB7Qslk).

Our favorite music are either vocal, instrumental or choral music.

Just recently Macrine first cousin in the Philippines ( Rene Nieva) tagged me in Facebook with his piano playing of Some Enchanting Evening from South Pacific. He wrote that this piece has lifted Macrine's feeling of being lonely because of her Parkinson Disease.


Here's a short reprint from Rene Nieva FB page.

"I recall one time when we -- Yong, Oskie, Genny and I -- visited Manong Dave and Manang Macrine in their beautiful Chateau du Mer Resort in Marinduque some years back. Manang Macrine was not feeling well at the time and was quiet at first. But when we serenaded her with "Some Enchanted Evening", which happened to be a favorite of hers, she perked up and ended up singing along with us. We were so happy to hear her doing so that we were on the verge of tears. Such was the power of music to drive suffering and loneliness away, and would always be so ".
(A) https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brick-brick/201402/does-music-have-healing-powers

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...