Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Arthritis of the Knee and Me


About 6 months ago, I was diagnosed with arthritis of the knee based on the X'ray taken of my left knee. My physician prescribed an anti-inflammatory/analgesic-Naprosin. Relatives and friends recommended I take Turmeric Capsults -a dietary supplement. The pain ranged from 3-4 to a tolerable 1-2 from a Pain scale of 1 to 10. My experience showed that turmeric helps but the pain is not completely gone and often times I am still limping and my activities are limited. I have a hard time bending, so my gardening activities are limited also. Here's some information about knee arthritis from the Internet.

Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee. Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people.

The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, but there are more than 100 different forms. In 2012, more than 51 million people reported that they had been diagnosed with some form of arthritis, according to the National Health Interview Survey. While arthritis is mainly an adult disease, some forms affect children.

Although there is no cure for arthritis, there are many treatment options available to help manage pain and keep people staying active.
For more details read the following:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00212

If you know of any dietary supplement good for arthritis besides turmeric, please let me know!

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...