Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Friday, November 27, 2015

My Great, Great GrandParents from My Mother's Side

My Mother Paz Barrido Balleza Katague and me-Photo taken in the mid 1970's. Jaro, Iloilo City, Philippines

The other day, I posted an article listing my great great parents from my fathers' side of the family, namely Don Manuel Javellana and Dona Gertrudis Lopez, prominent residents of Jaro, Iloilo in the early 1830's. They have 7 children and their youngest daughter Marcelina married Victoriano Catague. Victoriano and Marcelina were my great grand parents.( www.javellana.wordpress.com)

Today, I am listing my great great grand parents from my mother's side of the Family-The Balleza and Barrido Families from Barotac Viejo, Iloilo, Philippines. Alternate spelling of Barrido is Barredo.

There is a FaceBook Page called the Balleza Clan managed by Rovi Balleza and Toto Brilliantes that described in detail the ancestry of the Balleza family from Barotac Viejo, Iloilo Philippines. The original clan from FB were from the three Balleza brothers named, Jose, Pedro and Vicente. My ancestry is from the Pedro lineage. Lets start with my Mom ( see photo above)

My mothers dad was Alfonso Vencer Balleza married to Estefania Demit Barrido. So Alfonso and Estefania are my grand parents, I do not know much about them except that they are landowers with real estate( rice, coconut and fish ponds) not only in Barotac Viejo, but also in the neighboring towns of Banate and Ajuy, Iloilo.

Alfonso's father was Pedro Balleza AND HIS MOTHER WAS Maria Vencer. These two then are my great grand parents. My Mother mentioned once that Pedro or his Dad were Spanish soldiers( warriors) stationed in Barotac Viejo during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines(1521-1898). They both married local natives, my great and great, great grand mothers. Here's the Balleza Coat of arms showing the warriors emblem.



On the other hand from my mother's mother side of the family listed that the parents of Estefania Barrido were Gustino Barrido and Ignacia Demit. Gustino and Ignacia then are also my other great, great parents.

My mother has two older brothers Jose and Modesto. Jose married Filomena Tad-y and Modesto married Taciana Rey from Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo. For the children of Jose and Modesto, please visit The Balleza clan Facebook Page.

Finally in case you do not know. My mother Paz married Dr. David Jamili, Javellana K(C)atague. They have 7 children. The oldest is David(that's me) followed by Erico, Myrla, Agnes, Efren, Ruben and Amor.
The David Jamili Javellana Katague Family, 1956 Barotac Viejo, Iloilo.

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...