Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?
There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Please do not forget to read the latest National and International news in the right side bar of this blog!
Thursday, November 29, 2012
My top 25 Favorite Quotes for Inspiration
There are several hundreds of quotes for inspiration and motivation published in the Internet. However, the following 25 quotes inspires and motivates me when I feel down, depressed and useless. Do you have a favorite?
1. Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force - that thoughts rule the world.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. I intend to live forever, or die trying.
4. Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.
5. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
6. Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
8. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
9. I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.
10. We learn our virtues from our friends who love us; our faults from the enemy who hates us. We cannot easily discover our real character from a friend. He is a mirror, on which the warmth of our breath impedes the clearness of the reflection.
11. Dreams are necessary to life.
12. Just as a flower which seems beautiful and has color but no perfume, so are the fruitless words of the man who speaks them but does them not.
13. Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quite as much from his failures as from his successes.
14. Competition is not only the basis of protection to the consumer, but is the incentive to progress.
15. Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.
16. Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don't settle for them.
17. Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.
18. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
19. The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination
21. Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.
22. A man lives by believing something: not by debating and arguing about many things.
23. The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
24. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
25. Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.