Planning to Visit the Philippines Soon?

There are hundreds of tourists attractions in the Philippines. But as a lover of the Island of Marinduque (Home of the Morions and Heart of the Philippines), I am indeed partial to its beauty, charm and its friendly and hospitable residents. Therefore, help me achieve my dream of seeing this island becomes a world tourist destination, by telling all your friends and relatives about this site. Welcome, to you all, new readers and faithful followers of this site! The photo above is Poctoy White Beach in Torrijos, Marinduque with beautiful and majestic Mt Malindig in the background. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Marinduque on My Mind-Marinduque Calling

Last Saturday, the Marinduque First Saturday Movers, Inc. sponsored a seminar workshop on the Tourism Potential of Marinduque. This was specifically addressed to the private sector. The theme of the workshop was " Marinduque on My Mind". It was well attended by hotel or resort owners or their representatives, restaurant owners or their representatives, transportation services personnel , the academia, handicraft manufacturers, tour operators, the media and all private businesses with direct or indirect connections to tourism. Atty. Araceli Villanueva was the consultant and master of ceremonies was Dr. Roby Montellano. Atty Milton Mendoza and Gen Recaredo Sarmiento represented the Movers, Inc. Dr Romulo Malvar, President of MSC gave the main address with presentation of The Tourist Potential of the Province based on the research of Dr Labay, a professor of Tourism in the college.

The seminar was worth my time, very informative and inspiring. It reminded me of my first blog about Marinduque that I wrote sometime in 2008- Marinduque Calling as follows:




My wish and dream in the near future is to see Marinduque become a worldwide tourist destination not only on Easter week but also whole year round. Marinduque has unspoiled white beaches comparable to Boracay Island, Aklan. It has also caves, waterfalls, hot and sulfur springs, snorkeling/diving sites and mountains to explore. Moreover, its proximity to Manila compared to Boracay is a plus and advantage. Boracay is overcrowded and too commercialized for my taste. With the exception of Easter week, Marinduque has no traffic congestion. The skies and ocean waters are clear blue.

There are now modern hotels in Boac and Santa Cruz, as well as several beach resorts offering comfort (hot water and air conditioning) to foreign guests as well as balikbayan tourists from US, Canada and other parts of the world.

Last Easter, I have guests from France. They had a wonderful time not only enjoying the Moriones festivities but also the beaches, caves, waterfalls and cuisine of Marinduque. Next year, I had already reservations from guests in US and Canada.

I hope to see some of you soon in Marinduque-my island paradise.

No comments:

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...